1830 to 1860 Photographs
(excluding Overseas Mission Areas, Maori & NZ Chinese)
To Search This Page :
Press the Control (Ctrl) key then the F key to bring up the Find box. Enter the details you are searching for, click the Down button and then the Find button. Keep depressing Find again to search for any more relevant details on each page.
|Acc No||Provenance||Title||Description||Date||Ref No|
|Synod Of Otago & Southland.||Mr J.Blackie.||Copy Of A Painting Of Mr James Blackie, First Schoolmaster As Well As A Member Of The First Session.
Photo: 'Howe', Chicago, USA.
|Maori Mission||Tomika Te Mutu||Head and shoulders portrait of Tomika Te Mutu, a Chief of Ngai Te Rangi with a tattoed face and wearing or holding a woven patterned cloak (the cloak is upside down). Written on back of image “Temuti”. Photographer : John Nicole Crombie.||July 1860||P-S24-2|
|Trinity Church, Nelson||Rev T D Nicholson||Copy Of A Painting Of Rev Thomas D Nicholson, Painted Prior To His Emigration To New Zealand.||c.1847||P-S25-37|
|Trinity Church, Nelson||Mrs A Nicholson||Copy Of A Painting Of Mrs Alison Nicholson (Wife Of Rev T D Nicholson) Prior To Their Emigration To NZ.||c.1847||P-S25-38|
|Trinity Church, Nelson||Rev T D Nicholson||Printed Copy Of A Painting (?) Of Rev Thomas D Nicholson.||c.1855||P-S25-39|
|Smaill, J (Mr)||Mr R R Strang & Mr Rod McLean||Portrait Of Mr Robert Roger Strang (1795-1874) With His Grandson Robert Donald Douglas McLean (1852-1929) Standing Alongside.||c.1860||P-S26-36|
|Trinity Church, Nelson||Copy Of Trust Deed Document||Photographic Copy Of A Hand-written Document On Vellum Concerning The Purchase Of Land For A Presbyterian Church At Nelson.||c.1849||P-L21-25|
|St Pauls Trinity Pacific (Christchurch)||"The Disruption Of The Church Of Scotland"||Lithograph Of The Painting By D O Hill Showing The Signing Of The Act Of Separation And Deed Of Demission At The First General Assembly Of The Free Church Of Scotland At Tanfield, Edinburgh.
Artist: D O Hill R.S.A.
|23 May 1843||P-XOX-2|
|First Church, Dunedin||Bell Hill.||Copy Of A Picture Of Bell Hill Before It Was Lowered. The Bell Tower Clearly Visible; Early Homes Visible At Right & Vegetable Gardens At Left.||c.1860||P-L16-1|
|East Taieri Church||Rev W Will||Studio Portrait Of Rev William Will, Pictured In The Pulpit Gown Donated By The Ladies Of The East Taieri Church.||1854||P-O-88|
|East Taieri Church||Rev Thomas Burns||Photographic Copu Of A Lithograph Of Rev Thomas Burns||c.1860||P-A18.1-1|
|Caversham Church, Dunedin.||Caversham Near Parkside.||A View Of The Caversham Valley From Parkside Looking South. Note The 3-Storied 'Benevolent Institution' In The Centre.
Photo: Hocken Library Collection.
|Port Chalmers Church, Dunedin||Port Chalmer's Sabbath School Rules||Copy Of Handwritten Rules For The Port Chalmer's Sabbath School, Including Rules "To Regulate The Movements Of The Children" And "Teachers Rules".||1858||P-A56.5-9|
|First Church, Dunedin||Bell Hill.||Bell Hill, Looking East (?), Before It Was Lowered.
The Bell Tower Clearly Visible, With Early Homes Visible At Right & Vegetable Gardens At Left.
|First Church, Dunedin||Dunedin - Looking Towards Bell-Hill.||A View Of Dunedin, From Above MacLaggan Street, Looking Out Towards Bell Hill & The Harbour.||1860||P-A132.8-14|
|First Church, Dunedin||Dunedin From Stafford Street.||Copy Of A Painting Or Sketch Of Dunedin & The Harbour, Looking From Stafford Street.||1849||P-A133.3-4|
|First Church, Dunedin||Princes Street - Looking South.||A View Looking South Down Princes Street - Taken From Present Day Exchange Area.||c.1858||P-A133.3-5|
|First Church, Dunedin||Dunedin - Looking Towards Bell Hill.||A View Of Dunedin, From Above McClaggan Street, Looking Out Towards Bell Hill & The Harbour.||1860||P-A133.3-6|
|First Church, Dunedin||The Original First Church Manse, 1848.||A Copy Of A Painting Of The Original First Church Manse, Located On The Present Day Century Theatre Site In Princes Streeet.||1848||P-A133.5-12|
|Jardine, D G And J S||Rev D Ross||Copy Of A Studio Portrait Of Rev Donald Ross.||1857||P-A186.3-6|
|St Pauls Trinity Pacific (Christchurch)||Mr John Anderson||Printed Copy Of A Painting Of Mr John Anderson, One Of The First Presbyterians To Land In Canterbury And A Founder And Leader Of The St Paul's Congregation.||c.1853||P-A195.2-2|
|PA2008/24||Estate RM Morrison||Mr Charles Connor (Snr)||Tinter ferrotype (?), set in a decorative case, identified as (Rev) Charles Connor, a Great Great Great Grandfather of the donor.||1858||casedimage1|
|Trinity Church, Nelson||Rev T D & Mrs A Nicholson||Printed Postcard Photos Of Paintings Of Rev Thomas D Nicholson & Mrs A Nicholson.||c.1847||P-A202.1-2|
(Close this Window to Return to the Main Screen)